Rachael Ray FHM Pictures Get Visitors

I just finished putting up the post with the links to the Rachael Ray FHM pictures when I found an interesting piece on the subject and thought I would share.

Apparently, the author of Notmike.com, a sort of personal site, made mention of a plan to cook Rachael's "60 Minute Thanksgiving" dinner.

Soon thereafter, he found himself bombarded with visitors searching for nude photos of Rachael Ray and the infamous Rachael Ray FHM pictures. I guess having the word "nude" near Rachael Ray will get you some attention among surfers!

Well, I just used those very phrases, so I suppose I can now look forward to visitors hoping to find those nonexistent nudes of Rachael Ray, too, huh? That's OK maybe they will stick around and learn a little bit about Rachael instead of just looking at her posing for FHM.

Anyway, the article is actually well-written and an enjoyable read. I know it is not the MOST relevant thing about Rachael Ray you will find here, but it is worth a look.

You can certainly tell the author of the piece is a guy who both likes seeing revealing photos of Rachael Ray but who also recognizes that things like this can have a real impact on how a person is perceived. Excerpt: "I mean…in one she’s pulling a freaking turkey out of the oven, wearing a black lace bra, a miniskirt/apron, and stiletto heels. In another, she’s holding an apple pie while wearing a denim and gingham plaid bustier and micro-mini. In yet another, she’s sitting on a sink counter, dishwashing suds dripping down her legs, and she’s wearing a metal-studded white leather bikini.

The slutty wholesomeness (or wholesome sluttiness) of these pics is so bizarre, I don’t think anyone could keep a straight face while perusing them.

On a serious note, though, such photos beg the question, “Is this all just harmless fun, or does it perpetuate the stereotype that a beautiful woman cannot be taken seriously?” Since I am neither of the above, I can never truly know what it feels like to not be taken seriously based on such factors. I don’t really know if this is empowerment or degradation. I do know that I will have a hard time putting these pictures out of my mind from now on when I watch her cooking shows."

You can check it out here.

No comments: