Another Athletic Rachael Ray Watcher

I recently mentioned Lori Chalupny, the US national soccer team midfielder, and her appreciation of the Rachael Ray fan. It turns out that at least one other athlete watches some Yum-o TV.

Rod Johnson is an intimidating force at for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. He can line up as a middle linebacker and has been working out at defensive end this year, too. If you watch OSU play, you'd guess that Johnson's hobbies involved little more than weight training and planning attack routes to opposing running backs and QB's.

That's not the case, though. A recent O'Collegian interview uncovered some interesting facts about Johnson. If football doesn't work out for him, he'd like to give culinary training a try. He loves to cook. And he enjoys watching Rachael Ray and other Food Network programs.

The article notes, "Oh yeah! Rachael Ray, Emeril and all those. I pretty much watch anything that comes on that channel. I can sit up all night and watch every show that comes on."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree; the Food Network Channel rocks! I'm actually on that station right now, and guess who's on? Yep, "30-Minute Meals with Rachel Ray"! I must admit, the first few times I caught her show I was annoyed with her perkiness and such, but not enough to create a Website about how much I loathe her (quite opposite from what you're doing!). But, I gave her show a few more tries and now I look forward to her shows, even the older ones.

I think some people have just way too much time on their hands; I mean, it's great that they have so much energy -- even if it's to hate someone -- but, why not channel that in another manner, like getting your own cooking show? Then maybe others can create hate sites about you, too? Won't you be so lucky?!

Bottom line, she's successful in her own right no matter how much her perkiness may offend some. But, like she has said on TV, you can't make everyone happy and everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions. I'm all for that, too, but to actually spend time writing your hate for one person on a Website is just ridiculous, especially when you have a child -- exactly what kind of example are you setting???